New. Independent Contractor Course
For both inexperienced and experienced brokerage professionals.
With TIA’s know-how,
this course is designed to provide a powerful understanding of the many
intricacies of a profitable third-party brokerage logistics operation to
successfully serve its customers.
Your Price: $500 for members and $995 for
non-members through April 15th, 2017
Program duration: 5:46 hours
Approximately 45-60 minutes per module
Course modules include:
Introduction to the world of the independent contractor
- The advantages and disadvantages of becoming an independent contractor
- The difference between the key roles of brokers and independent contractors
How it All Works
- Responsibilities of carriers, shippers, and brokers
- Understanding the transportation legal documentation, including the Bill of Lading
Marketing and Sales
Important terms, concepts, and techniques for marketing as an independent contractor.
- Understand and learn to apply basic sales and marketing practices to an independent contracting business
simple steps and suggestions aimed at enhancing the ability of the
independent contractor business to identify target markets, practice
effective communications, properly plan for a sales encounter, execute
the sales process, close the sale, and follow up with customers
The Broker’s and Independent Contractor’s Job
- The role a broker plays in serving the transportation marketplace
- Understand the different tasks brokers and independent contractors must complete in order to accomplish their jobs
- Receive examples of how brokers effectively match freight to be hauled with freight services providers
- Information on transportation rates, calculations of appropriate broker price, and how to negotiate with customers
- Define ethical
business practices, illustrate the impact ethical behaviors have on the
successful operation of a transportation broker.
examples of ethical and unethical business behavior, and discussions
regarding the impacts of ethical practices on business relationships,
and compliance with legal and regulatory statutes such as the
Your Office Operations: the day-to-day necessaries
This module discusses of running an independent contractor business. Students completing this course will:
what equipment, software, and knowledge are necessary for the successful
operation of an independent contractor business
information on key internal and external resources available to an
independent contractor office, and how to find, build, and foster those
resources for maximum benefit
This module discusses the processes involved in assigning loads. Students completing this module will:
process of assigning a load, and the important elements of information
required for successful load assignment operations
-Understand how to troubleshoot and effectively correct any shipments not in accordance with the prescribed plan
how to define your customer, including who your customer is and how, or
when, you may need to alter that relationship
- Get the same great information
and skill-building benefits you’d receive in a live webinar or seminar,
delivered by one of our top trainers, with the convenience of learning
online, anytime you want.
- Includes a post-quiz for each module, and a comprehensive course exam.
- Courses are
available to you within 24 hours of receiving your paid enrollment and a
confirmation email will be sent to you with your login details.
price for this on-demand course is for a single user; if you are
interested in group pricing, contact TIA for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org .