Even if you've attended Brent's Transportation, Logistics and the Law seminar in the past, you won't want to miss this course with valuable AND current information. This course is an industry-leading legal workshop for 3PLs to learn about the laws that govern your business and help you make the right call when you have important legal questions.
Robert Voltmann, President & CEO of the TIA says … “These seminars are designed for non-lawyers to help keep you out of trouble. Everyone involved in the 3PL industry should attend this seminar.”
• The provisions of MAP-21 and how it affects brokers and carriers.
• Vicarious Liability: the effects of the 2015 FAST Act and recent court cases that help reduce the exposure to vicarious liability for highway accidents.
• The ways a broker can be held liable for cargo claims.
• Liability for freight charges and exposure to having to pay freight charges twice.
• How to comply with the new regulations governing food shipments.
Brent Wm. Primus, the course presenter, says … “While shippers need to know how to pursue claims and carriers need to know how to defend claims, intermediaries need to know how to do both. One day they may be persuading one of their carriers to pay a claim to a shipper customer… and then on the next day explaining to an upset shipper customer why the carrier was justified in denying their claim.”
• Loss and Damage Claims: the basics of both pursuing AND defending claims as a 3PL… and the effect the new regulations under FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) will have on claims.
• Cargo Liability Insurance: what it is ... and what it isn't.
• The insurance policies a broker should have.
Brent also says … “that holds true for contracts as well. While a shipper needs to know how to contract with carriers and carriers need to know how to contract with shippers, intermediaries need to know how to do both without getting caught in the middle.”
• Contracts: an overview of contracts between brokers, carriers and shippers, including crucial negotiation and drafting issues. Insurance coverage: additional insured’s, waiver of subrogation, and limitations of liability.
• The importance of harmonizing the provisions of a broker’s contracts with carriers with the provisions of the broker’s contracts with shippers.
• The closing session provides time for discussion of case studies AND questions from the audience about problems and situations which they have encountered.
TIA Member – $495 for both days
TIA Additional Member – $395 for both days
Non-Member – $595 for both days
Additional Non-Member – $495 for both days
No content found