Our TOP priority is the health and safety of our conference attendees, employees, and staff supporting the 2021 TIA 3PLXTEND Xperience.
In partnership with the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country, TIA will adhere to all official government and local authority guidance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and guidelines.
Last Updated: September 3, 2021
Here is what to expect during your stay at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES & CONTACTLESS EXPERIENCE
- We are operating at normal business levels.
- Contactless options are available for luggage transportation and in-room dining delivery.
- Mobile check-in and key, service requests, and room service orders are delivered right to your door via the Marriott Bonvoy™ mobile app.
INDOORS & OUTDOORS
- Fully vaccinated associates are no longer required to wear face coverings or social distance.
- Please note that state or local guidance may still require face coverings and/or social distancing.
- Unvaccinated associates are required to wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS & HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE AT THIS HOTEL
In keeping with Marriott's Commitment to Clean, we have made several enhancements to our cleaning practices throughout our property and in guest rooms. These include:
- Enhanced Public Space Cleaning: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms, elevators, and escalators as well as provided more hand sanitizing stations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Staff members will wear PPE (e.g., face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and based on direction by the local authorities.
- Electrostatic Spraying: We're utilizing enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants, to support our already rigorous cleanliness protocols.
- Room Amenities
- Disinfectant wipes are available in the room for every arriving guest as well as upon request
- Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each guest. We will be offering daily housekeeping services upon request only to prevent our associates from entering occupied rooms. If you do elect to have your room cleaned during your stay, we will do so while you are out of the room. Additional guestroom amenities, towels, etc. are available upon request and can be delivered with contactless service to your door, by calling "At Your Service".
Update: August 10, 2021
The safety of our attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, vendors, and staff are our highest priority. The safety measures listed below are in accordance with the CDC and local authority guidelines.
TIA cannot provide specific risk levels for event activities. It is important to consider your own personal situation and the risk to you, other attendees, and staff before participating. As health and safety conditions continue to evolve, our duty of care measures are as follows:
- On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) issued new guidance regarding masks for fully vaccinated individuals. To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. At this time, the city of San Antonio is currently considered an area of high transmission so the new mask guidance applies here.
- The CDC’s updated guidelines can be found here.
- The CDC also provides a map detailing areas that are considered high, substantial, moderate, and low transmissions, which can be found here.
- All TIA staff supporting the on-site experience are vaccinated.
- All vendor partners supporting the conference are requested to wear masks and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
- TIA is offering a hands-free check-in experience to minimize touchpoints during the check-in process. Attendees will simply scan their provided QR code with their phone and print out their badge.
- The Event App will be available for event-specific safety materials and information.
- Custom signage will be placed throughout the venue indicating required health and safety protocols and recommended attendee behavior.
- All programming areas have been designed taking into consideration a variety of comfort levels.
- We have designed the technology showcase area to allow for ample space for physical distancing among the kiosks and traffic flow.
- General Session floorplans will have a varying degree of social distancing and spaced-out seating.
- There will be reserved times between programming for standard room refreshes.
Working with the JW Marriott Hill Country and the city of San Antonio we intend to deliver a safe event, allowing for our attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and vendors to connect, learn, and return to business as usual effectively and most importantly, safely.
Food & Beverage
TIA is committed to offering safe and enjoyable food & beverage services for attendees. In partnership with the JW Marriott Hill Country, TIA will provide responsible food and beverage protocols including but not limited to:
- Safely served meals, break & reception items
- Proper directional and post signage to reinforce social distancing
- Safe seating and sanitation practices
- Biodegradable single-use items will be used when possible